Friday, December 6, 2013

Colair- First Impression of Dinair's Newest color line

Dinair Airbrush Makeup released a new color line this year called Colair. Now I'm sure there are makeup enthusiasts and Artists who have a few questions about this new line. For Example

What makes Colair different from the other makeup lines that Dinair offers?
from my inquiries at Airbrushmakeup.com if found that Colair is more Pigmented, has a luxurious finish, provides better coverage,contains no oils or parabens, its silicone free, alcohol free, and Talc free.

If I have the Glamor Colors Why would I Purchase Colair?
Colair I found is the only water based airbrush makeup that has a medium to full coverage ( based on my personal experience using the product). It also provides a smooth velvety finish that the glamor or paramedical lines don't have. so its all about your preference and if you personally want to use this line.

Do the Colair Colors Correspond with the colors in the Glamor line?
Dinair claims that they do, my opinion is to an extent. Now when I say "to an extent" I mean that the colors are not an exact match to the colors in the glamor line but they are pretty close. At airbrushmakeup.com Dinair has a color chart of the shades in the Colair line. If you look closely at the foundation shades you will see that under the color # (example c130) there is an * followed by the color that that shade corresponds to in the Glamor line. The * as Dinair has noted at the bottom left corner of the chart marks the colors from the glamor collection as a CLOSEST MATCH, not EXACT so keep that in mind if you decide to order colors from this color line. In my opinion Dinair always offers its customers the tools they need to be successful at airbrush makeup, that being said they also noted on the lower right corner of the chart what undertones the different Colair shades have.
Cool tones end in odd numbers, Warm tones end in even numbers, and Neutral tones end in either the 0 or 5. Huge tip when it comes to color matching, you wouldn't want someone with a warm undertone wearing a shade with a cool undertone now would you? of course not!

My First Impression:
In the Glamor line my Foundation shade that is the Best match to my natural skin tone is Dk. Golden Beige, This shade has a yellow undertone similar to that of my natural skin tone making it the perfect shade for me. To get my Colair color I followed the chart and chose C130 which is the closest match to Dk. Golden Beige.  here is what the two colors looked like when I put them side by side
As you can see my Shade from the glamor line clearly has a yellow undertone and my selected shade from the Colair line looks much lighter with a neutral undertone. So i did a drop test on a tissue to see if the Colair shade was as light as it looks and to test if it was more pigmented as Dinair claims it is

The results are as showed in the image above. Even though the Colair color looked lighter it actually was close to Dk. Golden Beige from the glamor line, I still saw a difference in the undertone which I knew before I purchased it due to Dinair leaving the tip on the color chart about undertones that this shade was a neutral undertone but I didn't worry too much about it. Now as for Pigmentation....Colair is defiantly more pigmented the drop on the right is Colair and as you can see it didn't spread like the drop on the left which is Dk. Golden Beige from Dinair's Glamor line.

So now we know what the color looks like on a tissue lets see how it looks on me... here is a photo of my skin before Colair-
 You can see that my Face is significantly lighter than my neck and chest and I have acne scars and marks on my cheeks, Notice the yellow undertone on my neck and chest that is not present on my face now a days. My goal in using foundation is to get my face to match my Neck and Chest.
                            Here is a picture of my skin after I applied C130 from Colair-
Definitely evened out my skin tone, the finish looks very smooth, not Matte but not Satin. I have to admit I really like the finish it feels soft and smooth and the coverage proved to be medium to full in my opinion. It only took 6 drops of Colair to cover my face, unlike the 8 drops it takes my Glamor foundation to cover my face. And the coverage is definitely pretty Flawless.
                                   Now the only issue I had with Colair is shown below-                                    

The finish is awesome, the shade is fairly close, But it is not quite a match you can definitely see where my skin starts and the Colair ends. Now I used 5 more drops of Colair to cover my neck and chest after realizing that my face appeared to be darker. Now it was not Darker like the wrong shade, but darker as in it looked like I had gotten a slight tan. so if I were to use the Colair on a daily basis I would have to incorporate my neck and chest into my routine unlike the Dk. Golden beige in the glamor line that matched my chest only requiring me to cover my face and blend down to my jawline and under my chin.

Overall The Colair Collection is Promising, it definitely delivers what it says it does and I would recommend that this product at least be tried seeing as that Dinair offers 3 ml (Sample size) bottles at $9.00 in my opinion a perfect trial size. I know it doesn't seem like much but those small sample sizes go a long way.

Here is the Video of my first impression from my channel
Stay tuned for my Review of C130 from the Colair line focusing on if it is a LOVE it or LEAVE it Coming Soon!

Like on Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/Iheartairbrush

Follow on Instagram: Tag Krysteanea

Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/IHEARTAIRBRUSH

And if you are interested in the brand I use Check it out  http://www.airbrushmakeup.com/shop/index.php/?acc=7e7757b1e12abcb736ab9a754ffb617a

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! Best airbrush makeup

    ReplyDelete