Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Creating a Custom Color with Airbrush Makeup


 Mixing colors with airbrush makeup is a MUST, its so fun to be able to create new colors out of the colors I already have. Now instead of creating a color for immediate use, I have decided to Create my own custom color so that I can use it whenever I want.

First things first you need a color combination (ratio). The color combination that I am going to use I stumbled across when mixing colors to show how one can utilize bright colors they may have in their  collection.

The colors I will be using are Sapphire Blue and Pink from Dinair's Brights Collection. I'm going to mix these colors with a one to one ratio to get this lovely purple shade.

The second item you will need is an Empty bottle with drop dispensing lid along with 2 mixing balls. Now there are mixing bottles for sale at airbrushmakeup.com for $2.00 but for now I am just going to use a bottle that I recycled from finishing a shade I had in my collection. I cleaned it out with distilled water and a q-tip along with a little citrus cleaning solution that came with my airbrush kit from aibrushmakeup.com, I also cleaned off the mixing balls as well.

Now I'm going to take Sapphire Blue and Bright Pink and add them to my empty ready to use bottle. For this mixture I am going to add Equal parts of each color to my recycled Dinair bottle.



 Okay so after I added what I believe is close to equal parts ( because I just eyeballed it) I ended up with this New Custom Shade.


 Now it does look a bit lighter than my initial color swatch on the paper above, so I added a few more drops after everything was said and done. 



I feel like I reached the shade I was looking for!!! Mixing colors is quick and easy making creating your own custom color Even EASIER. Check out my video to see how I did it and to see how this color looks in an Airbrushed eye look!



For more of my Airbrush Makeup Ventures:
Like on Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/Iheartairbrush

Like and Follow on Pinterest : www.pinterest.com/iheartairbrush

Follow on Instagram: Tag Krysteanea

Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/IHEARTAIRBRUSH

And if you are interested in the brand I use Check it out  http://www.airbrushmakeup.com/shop/index.php/?acc=7e7757b1e12abcb736ab9a754ffb617a




No comments:

Post a Comment